nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sweet Cherries

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sweet Cherries
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 09:36:36 -0500

Bill, one of the new Cornell sweet cherries, either White Gold or Black
Gold, blooms later than the other. This would be a very important trait
since frosts during bloom are the largest deterrent to growing sweet
cherries in the Great Plains states. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.
(Zone 4a -- I just checked the map and its colder here than I thought.)