nafex - Re: [NAFEX] New member introduction

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] New member introduction
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:50:49 -0700 (PDT)

Welcome!
I love lurking on this board and teasing out information all kinds of information from this forum. I hope you can find a few more people in your area. Local support can be very valuable.

Robert

Steve <SDW12986@aol.com> wrote:

Hi,
I just signed up for the NAFEX Mailing List over the weekend and it just
seems as though I should introduce myself before I start posting messages.

I am Steve Wilson. I live in Tupper Lake, NY which is in the Adirondack
Mountains. We are on the map as zone 4 but the truth is, winters that
don't have at least a couple of nights colder than -30 are rare. I have
recorded temperatures as low as -40 more than once but not in the last
10 or 12 years.

I have been a NAFEX member for quite a while. I would think at least 15
years. I only know a few NAFEX members in person. If there is anyone
reading this list who knows me, send an e-mail to let me know that you
are here too.

I have 4 apple trees, 3 of which I have grafted to multiple cultivars.
I have 2 pear trees, one of which is grafted to a mountain ash at about
4 feet above the ground. I have several kinds of plums, a group of
Manchurian apricots that I started from seed and 4 kinds of seedless
grapes. More details may surface later.

Steve

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.