nafex - [NAFEX] Introduction

  • From: william Eggers <wce1482@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Introduction
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 04:56:56 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe I should introduce myself.  I joined the nafex list a couple of weeks ago and haven't had time to do much since then.  I live in central Iowa in zone 5a.  I have about 1100 trees.  Apples, plums, peaches, apricots, nectarines, cherries,pears, blackberries and grapes.  I have about 70 varieties of apples and 50 varieties of peaches planted.  Most of my trees are not old enough to produce.  Many of the apples are of old varieties.  I need to learn how to graft and also how to raise trees from seed.  I have been trying that without much luck.  I have been following the emails from this group and it is facinating.  Everyone seems to know so much about how to raise fruit that I think I have come to the right place.  This year we had a freeze in April and I have no fruit this year.  Has this happened to anyone else?