nafex - [NAFEX] New member introduction

  • From: Steve <SDW12986@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] New member introduction
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 00:20:08 -0400

Hi,
I just signed up for the NAFEX Mailing List over the weekend and it just seems as though I should introduce myself before I start posting messages.

I am Steve Wilson. I live in Tupper Lake, NY which is in the Adirondack Mountains. We are on the map as zone 4 but the truth is, winters that don't have at least a couple of nights colder than -30 are rare. I have recorded temperatures as low as -40 more than once but not in the last 10 or 12 years.

I have been a NAFEX member for quite a while. I would think at least 15 years. I only know a few NAFEX members in person. If there is anyone reading this list who knows me, send an e-mail to let me know that you are here too.

I have 4 apple trees, 3 of which I have grafted to multiple cultivars. I have 2 pear trees, one of which is grafted to a mountain ash at about 4 feet above the ground. I have several kinds of plums, a group of Manchurian apricots that I started from seed and 4 kinds of seedless grapes. More details may surface later.

Steve