nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apricots from seed

  • From: Karen Kellogg <garuda2@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apricots from seed
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:20:28 -0400

it was I who began this with my question, and I did get useful info from Jim and Bob, (thanks!)--- I was interested in growing the seeds, not ingesting them!
I believe I will stratify a bunch in the fridge this winter, and set some out in a seed bed during the fall---if some are useful as rootstock, good, and if some make it to adulthood and have edible fruit, even better. Apricots, for me in CT, are a handsome and potential fruitful tree with not much bother!

Karen