nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 54, Issue 48

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 54, Issue 48
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:07:44 -0500

We received trees this past spring from Stark Bros, Van Well and Adams County.  We have decided to stay with Stark and use Van well as  backup.  Adams county sent us over 500 trees with mold on them and over 50% died.  They were aware of the problem in their warehouse, but shipped them anyway.  They agreed to replace them, but we will never order from them again.  The Stark Bros. trees were heavily feathered ( 8 - 10 branches) and some even produced apples this year.  We received about 600 trees from them and have only lost 4 or 5. Hope this helps!