nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple Curly Leaf ?

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple Curly Leaf ?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 18:08:16 -0500

I had stunted curled leaves on some seedling apples, it LOOKED like virus but seemed hard to imagine virus on seedlings.... finally figured out it was boron deficiency. Mine were curled sideways though, not like yours. My parents citrus trees had some curling leaves much more like yours, probably manganese deficiency in that case. Upping organic matter and pH (ie, improving your soil) will reduce availability of both boron and manganese. It looks like mildew or small bugs to me, but thought I'd throw in these ideas as everyone else has covered the others. Donna