nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Japanese beetle or Rose Chafer?

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Japanese beetle or Rose Chafer?
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 22:09:58 -0500

The remedy for Rose Chafer on my rugosas that works best is to cut 'em all
down to the ground each year. They flower later and miss the chafer, yet
still produce fruit before the fall. Course I have yet to do anything with
my rose hips, but it's nice to know I could if I wanted to. Sorta.

Steve H. SW WI