nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pineapple question

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, Candyce <clgunderson@bellsouth.net>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pineapple question
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:48:58 -0700

It might be that something destroyed the bud that would have become the top of the pineapple. I'd start some new plants from the pups at the base and see if they do the same thing. If they do, you could have a mutated pineapple that the industry would like to know about. A topless pineapple could be useful for packing and shipping.
-Lon Rombough
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com
For growing supplies and more; http://www.grapegrowersolutions.com