nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pineapple question

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'Candyce'" <clgunderson@bellsouth.net>, "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pineapple question
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 14:58:46 -0700

Your pineapples look fantastic, and I’m amazed to see someone growing them in zone 8.

How did you start them?

I have a summer place in zone 3.  Nobody lives there in the winter – the roads aren’t plowed, and don’t reach most homes, which are only accessible by foot or boat.  This gives me some idea of what a zone 3 summer is like, but winters I can’t imagine.

BTW, a zip code USDA zone finder lists that home as zone 9…

~ Stephen