nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blackberry Pruning

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blackberry Pruning
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:35:50 -0500

Michael,

The top of my trellis for the Triple Crown is about 5 feet. I have wires at
3 and 4 feet as well. If I let the Triple Crowns grow to 5 feet this
season, will they then grow over the top of the trellis next summer before
fruiting? I'm sure you're aware these Triple Crown have super-charged
vigor, I don't want them to out-grow the trellis.

Mark
Kansas