nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blackberry Pruning

  • From: Michael Dossett <phainopepla@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blackberry Pruning
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:46:42 -0700 (PDT)

Mark, with the Triple Crown, as with other semi-erects
you can top the cane at about 5'. The side branches
will grow and you cane leave those at about 18". This
will give you many more fruiting laterals the next
season than leaving the canes unpruned, and this is
pretty similar to how we manage our semi-erects and
how they are managed commercially.

Michael

--- Mark & Helen Angermayer <hangermayer@isp.com>

Michael Dossett