nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cherry Tree Lunacy

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cherry Tree Lunacy
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:58:36 -0500

My cat patrols my garden, and she's not a pest at all.

I'm not so worried about myself, but I live in town and I wouldn't want to inflict a cat on the neighbors. They're rather hard to keep penned up, if you let them outside at all. And I've had enough problems with roaming cats over the years - and complained enough about it to my friends! (Then again, I have to listen to my neighbors' dogs barking constantly, so maybe they deserve some payback? Well, not ALL of my neighbors. Heh, heh.)

Also, there's plenty of traffic in town, and I hate to see cats squished on the side of the road - even when they've been a real pain. Too tenderhearted, I guess. Perhaps if I lived outside town,... although there are so many coyotes around here that cats don't last very long outdoors in the country. Most of the rural people I know don't care. They're always getting litters of free kittens from someone to replace those that disappear. But I'd get too attached to them. Heck, I even feed the squirrels! :-D

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
The first sign of corruption in a society that is still alive is that the end justifies the means. - Georges Bernanos