nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cherry Tree Lunacy

  • From: Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cherry Tree Lunacy
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 16:13:09 -0400

Has anyone tried parachute material? I don't know how wide it is...
Generally, the widest fabric I have seen is 72".

>>I have asked in the past, with little luck, but does anyone know of
any affordable bird netting at least 30 feet wide by 50+ feet long?
We sewed together some 15 by 50 netting years ago and it >>works okay,
but it is getting old and rotten. I made "U"s of plastic pipe 10by10
feet, and place 3 of them on either side and between our 2 tart
cherries, and put the netting over the "U"s so the >>branches don't
tangle in it too much. I would like to replace the netting, and get
more for trees that are coming into bearing, but can't find large sizes
of netting that I can afford.

>>Jim, in Menomonie, WI

Betsy Hilborn
NC 7a