nafex - Re: [NAFEX] bamboo variety for stakes

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] bamboo variety for stakes
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 06:08:11 -0500

I have collected and used the variety "yellow grove" with best results. This type of Bamboo is stiff and can be as long as 15'. I use it in the garden for stakes and as a hoop for growing beans. I also used it as a stake for shipping trees. I can use the top part of the bamboo which is thiner, and goes right into the container and used as a support during shipping.

Bass