nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Saskatoon Research

  • From: "vrana" <nokal@seznam.cz>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Saskatoon Research
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 19:05:46 +0200

Hi all , I have Amelanchier Lamarckii, But it grows so fastly, it was high
about 7,5meters and trunk was about 15cm I was not able to pick fruit and
birds was most far than me. so I cut the tree down and let grow again from
roots.Now I know, that amel. is half tree half bush, so it should be pruning
to be not too high,rather thick. I am thinking abut, why it grows so much.
There are growing many mushrooms under it each spring. I will take there
mykolog next year to define the specie.Who knows mykorhiza he will know what
might it mean.I planted beside also amel. humilis.The mushroom maybe is not
with mykorhiza but may help. Jan ,Czech R