nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Saskatoon Research

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Saskatoon Research
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 08:27:24 -0700

The ones I had exhibited a "burst" growth habit that would be consistent with the climate where they originated. They break bud early, bloom and start to grow quickly, then about July first they set terminal buds and won't grow any more no matter how much water and fertilizer they get. A selection of the local form broke bud after the Canadian material had bloomed, and continued to grow until early September.
Is the " burst" growth habit what you are seeing?
-Lon Rombough
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com
For growing supplies and more; http://www.grapegrowersolutions.com