nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Saskatoons

  • From: "S & E Hills" <ehills7408@wowway.com>
  • To: <chex.rice@gmail.com>, "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Saskatoons
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 16:27:00 -0500

I've been growing saskatoons for about 4 years. I ordered from Okios about
3-4 different kinds, hoping to be able to decide upon what fruited best for
me. (unfortunately my computer crasked and now I am not sure of which ones
are which...lol)

Two plantings are currently showing developing fruit. I am hoping they
prove as tasty as the ones I pick from in front of a lawyer's office a
couple streets over (I should just start trying to grow seeds from them, if
serviceberries are as tempermental as they seem to be given the struggles
people are mentioning having in trying to get them to fruit). I just hope
the cedar waxwings miss my plants (as they seem to be my only competition
for the ones next to the lawyer's office).

S. Hills

Maybe I should see if I can find a key to identifying and re-identify the
different kinds of them I have growing.