nafex - [NAFEX] pruning technique info please

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] pruning technique info please
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 09:40:08 -0700 (PDT)

I was recently introduced to a dwarf apple pruning/training technique called
"knip-boom", or snip-tree or cut-tree. I think I understand it generally,
but would
like to learn more, plus I think other listers might be interested. But,
can't find
any articles via net-searches-- I'm NOT the best surfer.

My main questions right now are
Can it be used with any rootstocks, or only certain dwarfing ones?
Pears too (plus rootstock question)?

Thanks for any help.

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265