nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Organic Silica Source(Tips for greenhouse)

  • From: "Dylan Ford" <dford@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Organic Silica Source(Tips for greenhouse)
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 06:41:58 -0400

Kenneth - I am not entirely comfortable speculating on this. According to
internet search Borax has 11% available Boron, but I have no idea what might
be represented in the other 89%. My advice, given that Boron is truly a
MICRO nutrient is to start lighter than what you suggest, and maybe go a
little heavier once your plants have some size on them. And mix it with
humic or fulvic acid, or at least worm-casting or compost tea, and maybe a
little molasses or sugar. I think your radish study is a good Idea. dylan