nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Black Raspberry and freeze info

  • From: "vrana" <nokal@seznam.cz>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Black Raspberry and freeze info
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 22:39:44 +0200

tenesse,wisconsin,calif. should grow specie Lonicera coerulea var. villosa.
1903 writes some botanist, that this fruit is edible and that it should be
breeded for fruit. But i dont know where it grows and you hardly will meet
it. Old indians should know it maybe, but nowadays it maybe lost meaning,
for many species from asia and far east came which have fruit realy
delightfull, even russians are writing now, that lonic. have after hipophae
second best meaning for economy. Good trip wishing, Jan Kola, Jasminova
1616, 70800 Ostrava,Czech Rep. I have colected many edible loniceras íin my
garden,various clones and I am still missing some.