nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Deer

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Deer
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 09:44:17 -0400

A 08:22 07.05.04 -0400, vous avez écrit :

In some areas you need to be cautious about training your dogs to chase deer; especially if they might chase them onto someone else's property. Around here, as I understand it, it is illegal for dogs to run deer, and the dogs can be shot for it by anyone who sees them doing so. Though not everybody will do so, there are some who will.

If I understand well, according to the laws in your locality,
it is legal to shoot the dog who does something useful by chasing the deer
it is illegal to shoot the deer who is a nuisance and destroys your property!
I guess the biggest part of the deer problem is the law maker ...
Claude