nafex - [NAFEX] Whose fruit trees didn't freeze?

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Whose fruit trees didn't freeze?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:24:07 -0400

I barely snuck by it looks like - it got down to 25F in spots in my yard but I think around the trees it was only 27-28F. Some of the kiwi leaves have blackened but most are OK. I lost a few of my blooms on the stone fruit but the damage appears minor overall. There was major damage in the region but I guess my yard was just warm enough (it is on a south-facing hill and I think that helped). I am in Baltimore, Maryland.

Now I only wish it would warm up -- we are not forecast to get above 60 for the next week.

Scott