nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Whose fruit trees didn't freeze?

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Whose fruit trees didn't freeze?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:22:21 -0400

On Apr 13, 2007, at 8:46 AM, Jim Fruth wrote:

Tim,
I'm is zone 3 and zero of my orchard was damaged. I've got numerous
berries, tree fruit, stone fruits, vines, all unscathed.

Let's hear it from everyone.........................whose fruit trees,
vines, bushes, etc. are still undamaged?

Jim Fruth

Too soon to be sure (I don't like to count my blossom till fruit has set), but I think not much damage was done here. However, the very warm first part of January followed by abruptly cold weather may have done some harm earlier in the season.

Another argument for keeping growers in business all over the country, not just in whatever area the crop grows best in a "normal" year.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly