nafex - Re: [NAFEX] flowering quince

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] flowering quince
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:38:23 -0700 (PDT)

This brings up a another issue. I always wondered if the different quinces were graft compatable?? The low form of Chaenomales grafted high on a Psudocydonia would look pretty interesting.

Robert

derry&bill <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca> wrote:
I sure wouldn't plant Chaenomales sp. in my garden again.

It looks magnificent in bloom if 'espaliered' against a fence, but it
suckers horrendously and those suckers are like rods of iron when you
try to cut them back. After a few years you have many suckers coming up
from the base of the plant, crowding your flower bed, and they are
almost impossible to remove.

Derry Walsh
south coastal B.C.

Paul Cabe wrote:
> We are planning to plant some flowering quince (Chaenomeles) for
> landscaping purposes.

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.
----