nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Attachments -- mercy on the narrowbanded

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Attachments -- mercy on the narrowbanded
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:23:09 -0500

Everyone,

At http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm you can find a photo resizer that will resize your photos to any smaller size you choose and it's FREE!.

 When e-mailing a photo, all digital photos have a default size of  2048 x 1536 and some even larger depending on the camera and settings.  That is the number of pixels and when translated to inches is nearly 14" x 11" or larger.  That translates into about 700kb of data that is beng transmitted over a dial up connection that, at most, usually downloads at 21kb to 30kb per second or less.  Do the math and one can see how long it takes for 1 photo to download.   If that photot is resized to 640 x 427 (6" x 4") it goes down to 67kb which will take only a few seconds to download.  Hope this helps!