nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Sprayer Cleaning

  • From: oowonbs@netscape.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Sprayer Cleaning
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 12:08:49 -0400

Message: 1
Long time no see, Tom!
May I suggest that some pwders do not dissolve well...
Settling can be an issue as these powders may be impure,
and have some non-dissolvables.

But off the top, I'd say try a blender. Then allow this
to settle in a clear tall drinking glass (one time only,)
to test THAT powder for settleables. If any of these are
toxic, dedicate a blender to that use. Plastic bodies/jars
are susceptable to aborbtion and some cross contamination,
but are a few bucks or GoodWill. Separate gaskets will be
needed, and why not use your old blade, and get a new one
for margaritas... Of course, lacking these, you could
use a disposable coffee filter.

Watch out for plastic absorption if you use this filter
frame for coffee too. Melita's are $5. A plastic strainer
and a napkin or paper towel even, for today.

Grow ON!
BillSF9c

.....orig msg.....
Hello All,

I have a question for all small, pump sprayer users.

I have two one gallon, pump sprayers, and no matter how diligent I am with
rinsing either with water, and water with dish soap after usage, I cannot
get half way through spraying my one gallon of spray, without the darn tip
clogging.

I premix my powders with warm water in a glass jar, shake them up, then add
that concentrate to sprayer. I even use reverse osmosis filtered water
thinking that hard water was my issue and I still have tip clogging
problems.

Is there a secret to prevent tip clogging in small pump sprayers? I am
totally frustrated and disgusted with the tip clogging problem at this
point.

I have even filled them with warm soapy water after rinsing and allowed that
to all spray out, and still I get the problems. Should I use vinegar or
ammonia as a final rinse?

Thanks,

Tom