nafex - [NAFEX] Outrageous! All CA almonds to be pasteurized.

  • From: BekeeprTop@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Outrageous! All CA almonds to be pasteurized.
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 21:27:47 EDT

The Final Rule for the Mandatory Pasteurization of California Almonds has
been published in the Federal Register as of March 30, 2007.
Well, I'll be writing a letter to California Almond Growers Exchange and
other manufacturers telling me they will lose me as a customer for their
product
effective Sept. 2007. I have no interest in eating pasteurized almonds -
junk
made out of one of nature's best foods - natural raw almonds.

http://www.almondboard.com/Programs/content.cfm?ItemNumber=890&snItemNumber=45
0

there's an online petition to sign at:
http://www.gopetition.com/online/11754.html

It appears it will still be possible to obtain raw almonds in a more
difficult manner by purchasing bulk boxes of almonds labelled
"unpasteurized". Good -
now all I have to do is pull my lip up over my head because I want to eat
natural raw almonds.

Charlie Paradise<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> See
what's free at http://www.aol.com.</HTML>

  • [NAFEX] Outrageous! All CA almonds to be pasteurized., BekeeprTop, 04/06/2007