nafex - Re: [NAFEX] zone 7 east coast mulberry-attn Lee Reich

  • From: Lee Reich <garden@leereich.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] zone 7 east coast mulberry-attn Lee Reich
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:04:47 -0400

Hello George,

I actually like seaberry very much. My book is about "dessert fruits", that is, fruits that can be eaten without any doctoring up in the kitchen. I occasionally nibble seaberries right off the bush. They have a very nice flavor but are very tart. They do make a delectbale, sweetened and diluted juice though.

I have not been impressed with my rather limited experience to date with edible honeysuckle. I might order some goji plants to check them out.

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
The Pruning Book
Weedless Gardening