nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pruning peach to central leader

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pruning peach to central leader
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:45:11 -0500

Mark,

So far I find no disadvantage to training peaches to central leader. Our trees are in 3rd and 4th leaf now. They started producing in 2nd leaf. We have adopted the central leader system following the program at:
http://www.nyshs.org/fq/winter99/NYFQ_Winter.Miles.PM.pdf and http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/facts/central.htm. If anyone has any other questions, just ask!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com