nafex - [NAFEX] New Magazine Spawns Possible Garden Critter Solution

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, <gardenwriters@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] New Magazine Spawns Possible Garden Critter Solution
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:05:48 -0500

Garden & Gun, a new Southern lifestyle magazine, will hit newsstands in April. The publication will reflect "the modern lives of affluent
Southerners and those who aspire to the sporting life of the South," according to a company statement. Garden & Gun's unusual title comes from a
club of the same name, which operated in Charleston, S.C., from 1978 to 1985. Publisher Rebecca Darwin said the magazine aims to be more upscale and targeted than mass-audience titles like Southern Living.

Marlin Firearms must have had a heads up on the Guns and Garden magazine. They have introduced a small, smooth bore .22 rifle that shoots .22 mag. snake shot. It's marketed as "perfect for getting rid of chipmunks, mice, snakes, and other garden pests", sort of a mini shot gun. Without the loud blast. It will be called the "Garden Gun".

Folks, I can't possibly make up this stuff. All of the above is from press releases that have crossed my desk in the last 48 hours.

Doreen Howard

  • [NAFEX] New Magazine Spawns Possible Garden Critter Solution, Doreen Howard, 03/14/2007