nafex - Re: [NAFEX] wheelbarrow tire is flat.  fill with concrete?

  • From: BekeeprTop@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] wheelbarrow tire is flat.  fill with concrete?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:42:48 EDT

Well.  Between this and losing for 2 days my strap wrench necessary for removing the house's water filter, I was ready to open the bottle of pear wine.  However, I didn't have any bottle of pear wine, so I've been saved from threat of alcoholism by lack of wine, by all of your sane suggestions about not putting concrete in the wheelbarrow tire, and by having a big fat Gempler's supply catalog.

I called Gempler's, described my wheelbarrow specifications and they suggested their item 127681 Commercial-Grade Flat-Free Tire with wheel assembly would probably work.  We'll see when I receive it, but it looks like it will. I'm out $42.80, which seems more than the value of the wheelbarrow I was given, but I see the wheelbarrow useful this spring for mixing medium to pack into tubes and pots as I'll be doing a little more growing in containers this year.  I do appreciate the dark ages a bit more when wheelbarrows had round wood wheels that probably worked great and didn't go flat.  Thanks everybody,
Charlie Paradise

  • Re: [NAFEX] wheelbarrow tire is flat.  fill with concrete?, BekeeprTop, 03/14/2007