nafex - Re: [NAFEX] No Royalty Patented Stock

  • From: Philip Stewart <philstewart24@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] No Royalty Patented Stock
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:31:58 -0700 (PDT)

Plant patents have existed and been enforced long
before the advent of DNA technology. Being a civil
matter, I would assume that the standard of proof
would be merely "a preponderance of evidence", which
the detailed physical description of a plant patent
ought to be adequate to make.

Also, one could always make DNA level comparisons
retroactively, doing a survey of material from
licensed propagators, and/or, ideally, the original
plant, in comparison to that of the violator.

--Phil

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/nafex/attachments/20070313/9e6246ed/attachment-0001.htm

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:26:31 -0400
> From: nbeaureg@student.umass.edu
> Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Northern Spy
> To: North American Fruit Explorers
> <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
>
> northern spy is one of the leggiest apple trees i
> have dealt with.
> also a fast growing apple tree which has strong
> tendencies toward alternate
> bearing.
> ncb
>
> Quoting Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>:
>
> > Hello,
> >

> > Is Northern Spy known to have a lot of annual
> water sprouts?
> >

> > I am amazed at the number of water sprouts and
> annual growth rate of these
> > on Northern Spy.
> >

> > Later,
> >
> > Tom