nafex - [NAFEX] No Royalty Patented Stock

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] No Royalty Patented Stock
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 07:17:24 -0500

Michael,
Sorry, Michael, but I can't agree. What you say about plant patents (below) is true in theory but certainly not likely in most cases. That is because if someone fails to include the results of a dna analysis in the plant patent, how is the patent holder going to prove that a forger has the same identical plant? I would hope that you can prove me wrong.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

This is not true. Getting a Trademark only prevents
people from using the trademarked name. Getting a
plant patent gives the patent holder the right to
exclude anyone who is not authorized from propagating
that stock, period. Patents expire after 20 years but
trademarks do not expire as long as the fees are still
paid...

Michael Dossett
Corvallis, Oregon