nafex - Re: [NAFEX] parafilm request--THANKS

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] parafilm request--THANKS
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:43:49 -0600

What about using silicone caulk for damaged bark? I read (either in Pomona,
or somewhere) that good success was achieved for a tree with a rotted trunk
that was covered in silicone. The new bark healed right over the silicone.
Isn't it a fairly inert substance? We even cook with it(Wife bought
silicone spatulas-Pampered Chief. Cost a fortune, but they look pretty).
Some silicones have mold inhibitors. I don't know what effect they would
have on plant tissues.

Mark