nafex - Re: [NAFEX] zone 5 figs microclimate

  • From: "S & E Hills" <ehills7408@wowway.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] zone 5 figs microclimate
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:24:07 -0500

Actually I disagree slightly with your advice.  I would plant the fig about 1 to 1 ½ feet from the wall.  As the poster lives in zone 5a, it is likely that he/she will want to wrap their fig to help is survive winter damage.  This is easier if the fig is not planted directly against the wall.  1 ½ feet is probably as far away from the wall as I would go though.

Just a thought, and as a caveat let me say that Lon certainly knows more than I

Scott Hills