nafex - Re: [NAFEX] P.trifoliata

  • From: bill dality <namtoo@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] P.trifoliata
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 09:46:26 -0800 (PST)

Does anyone know where we can get seed/germplasm of P.trifoliata from the northern limit of it's natural distribution? Does anyone have a P.trifoliata that has withstood zone 5 winter temperatures without injury?

John Smith <friendly27sw@yahoo.com> wrote:
I checked my flying dragon seedlings in the garden,
they all appear to have died back at least to the snow
line, our low this winter was -2 F. My seeds came
from Texas, perhaps seed from a northern source would
have been more hardy

zone 5b/6 Central Missouri