nafex - [NAFEX] Splice Graft Guide

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Splice Graft Guide
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 12:20:25 -0500

Hello All,

I like using the splice graft too, but even then I have cambium matching
problems.

Has anyone ever made a splice graft guide jig?

Possibly a 1/4" ID PVC pipe, with an angled cut at one end would work.
Slide the rootstock into the pipe jig until it jams, follow the pipe cut and
cut the rootstock, then do the same with the scion.

Since you are sliding the rootstock/scion into the same pipe the sizing
where it stops should be the same diameter.

Would this work for those with matching problems? Are there better homemade
jig ideas?

Thanks,
Tom