nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What's (problematically) compatible with pear?

  • From: Hans Brinkmann <hans-brinkmann@t-online.de>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What's (problematically) compatible with pear?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:59:22 +0100

Hallo Beekeeper,
Cherry on Prunus maritina Beach plum sounds very realistic.
Cherry rootstock are e.g.:
Prunus avium
P. mahaleb
P. cerasus Hybrids
P. avium x P. pseudocerasus = Colt
P. avium x P. fruticosa
P. avium x P. mahaleb = e.g. MxM 2 (USA)
P. canescens x P. cerasus = e.g. GiSelA 5 (USA)
P. fruticosa x P. cerasus
P. canescens
P. x Dawyckensis = GM 61/1

Prunus tomentosa = Weito; is used as a rootstock for Plums (but Sharka problem)

ciao
Hans

BekeeprTop@aol.com schrieb:
An early Pomona had a New Jersey member with a black sweet cherry grafted on beach plum. I thought there was some compatibility on another rootstock too..I forget the name....I've never put cherry of any kind on beach plum, but if I did I would expect it to last only a few years. Prunus Tomentosa - is Tomentosa sometimes considered to be a cherry? The word cherry can mean so many different things though, from raceme-bearing Prunus Serotina to cluster-bearing Prunus Pennsylvanica.
Charlie Paradise
<< Such a chart would be great in my opinion. And on that subject is there anything besides cherry that cherry can be grafted to?

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions. ----
to change other email options):