nafex - Re: [NAFEX] (NAFEX) Temperate berry crops

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] (NAFEX) Temperate berry crops
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:00:22 -0600

It's important to remember that blackberries are hardy in Zone 3 only if
they are protected by adequate snowcover. While enduring accumulations
of snow are common in Minnesota, they are less so in the Great Plains
states like Nebraska due to periodic warm spells in winter. -- Sam
Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn. (USDA Zone 4b)