nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Stripping Elderberries

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Stripping Elderberries
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:17:35 -0600

My experience has been different.  I've never used anything other than the fruit itself & still I got the goo when I used whole berries in the primary.  Like I said previously, my observations have told me that ripeness directly affects the amount of goo & the process of juicing seems to reduce to a minimum.

& to answer Bert's question from yesterday.  There are a number of different brands out there but they all are all natural, biodegradable, environmentally safe, non-water soluble organic citrus based solvent cleaner and degreaser. For people growing under organic certification they are indispensible for some hard to clean situations since I believe bleach is not permitted.

& Bert, that's a tremendous collection of grapes that you available on your website, I wish you were located on the other side of the border.

~mIEKAL