nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry propagation

  • From: "Bassem Samaan" <bassem@gardener.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry propagation
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 07:31:42 -0500

I've had about 50% success rooting dormant mulberry cuttings. I used rooting hormone, and burried at least 2 buds in the soil. I've placed the pots on heating mat in a cool greenhouse and they took. I've had more success rooting M. alba Pakistan.

Rooting green wood cuttings of mulberry is easier, but you'll need to keep misting it and usually you'll have near 100% take.

If you have any wild mulberries growing you can easily graft them.

Bassem samaan

zone 6, pa