nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry propagation

  • From: "Glen Skinner" <glenkskinner@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry propagation
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 21:02:14 -0600

I have successfully propagated Morus alba and Morus alba x rubra with about a 40-50% success rate using hardwood cuttings. Once the plants had gone fully dormant, I took 9-12 inch cuttings and planted them so all but the top two buds were buried in the ground. These were kept fully shaded and moist throughout the following year. No rooting hormone was used. Cuttings from vigorous current season shoots rooted best. Mine were not in a cold frame, but the winter low stayed above 20 degrees F.

Glen

Message: 3