nafex - Re: [NAFEX] taste test-grocery apples

  • From: "George Brinson" <george.brinson@nf.sympatico.ca>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] taste test-grocery apples
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 23:06:28 -0330

I have to make a comment on Honeycrisp...........I have had this apple from Nova Scotia and Ontario orchards and in all instances the overall flavour quality is horrible to my taste, considering the hype on this apple! Crispy yes, but bland, sugarless flavour - forget the honey! It is near the bottom of my list! Is it the particular growing locations that "makes or breaks" this apple variety?

George Brinson
Carmanville
Newfoundland, Canada

----- Original Message ----- From: <list@ginda.us>