nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Hint from Jim Fruth & question

  • From: Lhdavis8@cs.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org (North American Fruit Explorers)
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Hint from Jim Fruth & question
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:35:22 -0500

To Topgun,

The twig girdler is same for hickory and persimmon. I have caught a
few on persimmon after girdling, looks like a grey click beetle. Had a big
wind here a few days ago and knocked down many limbs on the hickory that had
been girdled. My persimmons are Jiro and Fuyu and they can do
some damage very quickly, but they usually take a2 or 3 limbs and leave
for another tree.

Lester H. Davis
Columbus, GA
Z8