nafex - Re: [NAFEX] stiff squirrels

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] stiff squirrels
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:46:01 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/2006 5:53:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time, BekeeprTop@aol.com writes:

Once harvest ends, there is no need for squirrel killing to continue.

Hi Charles,

I beg to differ. The ones you don't kill breed a new supply next March. Then you have more to dispatch (for those that don't like the K word) next year.

The over all squirrel population is too high. When you eliminate those in your immediate area effectively lowering the density, the ones in the over filled areas move in. I've been watching it for years.

Tough little buggers to carry of a full burr. The weight of one laying on your hand will pierce the skin of even calloused working hands.

Jerry