nafex - Re: [NAFEX] [SPAM] Early winter?

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] [SPAM] Early winter?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:09:07 -0500

"What do you folks think? Early winter this year or not?"

Alan, I'm a little surprised to hear that you all got so cool so early, as it should have gone though Tennessee first. We did get down close to 45 one night, that must be the wave that went on down to you. In the drought in the southeast in the 1980's the jet stream did a lot of weaving about and there were no cloudy nights to hold in heat or water in the area to mitigate temperature changes. The droughty conditions hold, but I don't regularly see a jetstream map anymore. Is it snaking up and down much? In the 80's it would be down in the west and up in the east, so it would get very warm in the east for weeks on end. Then suddenly it would flip and an "Alberta Clipper" would roar down on the jet stream and freeze our peach buds and Florida's citrus. Donna