nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Morel Mushrooms

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Morel Mushrooms
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:53:12 -0500

I dunno Jim, I think they taste stronger than most other mushrooms, in fact I'm not too sure I like them, but have eaten so few that it'll take a few more exposures before I can decide. We have some Lactarius that come up around our place that are probably my absolutely favorites. Hmmm... I guess the fact that I never picked a single wild mushroom at our place is one more sign of just how dry it's been this year. I happened to drove through an area a few weeks ago where it had rained several days running (across the river from us who apparently have done something to deserve the wrath of God) and could not resist stopping and picking from several fairy rings of Agaricus in front lawns. Donna