nafex - [NAFEX] Inexpensive wax toilet ring gaskets

  • From: Ray Kaminski <rjkaminski@charter.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Inexpensive wax toilet ring gaskets
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:41:20 -0500

Lucky, you said use of toilet ring gasket wax was a choice, however two years ago I used it on 14 grafts with bad results. Easy to put on and looked good but within a week the scions started to turn black and died. Used it on both cleft and whip and tongue grafts. Zero take and as a rule I have had close to 100 per cent take using grafting compound or the yellow sealant. Has anyone else had good results ?. NE Wisconsin Zone 4-5 Ray