nafex - Re: [NAFEX] sodium bisufate & moldy blackberries

  • From: martha_davis@highstream.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] sodium bisufate & moldy blackberries
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 22:35:09 -0400

Excalabur a manufacturer of food dryers sells sodium bisulfite. It is
expensive
because the shipping is almost the same as the cost of the item, but I didn't
have much luck else where.

Regarding black berries. In my experience black berries and raspberries mold
very quickly after picking (sometimes overnight) unless refrigerated. The
commercial folks must do something, but my recomendation is to freeze, eat,
bake or otherwise process them promptly.

Martha

  • Re: [NAFEX] sodium bisufate & moldy blackberries, martha_davis, 08/06/2006